Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10584 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Specialist, Building Operations, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the Director, College of Medicine Building Operations, in the oversight of renovation projects and building maintenance in the four College of Medicine buildings, as well as the off-campus FAU Medicine Family Practice and the Marcus Institute for Integrative Health. Assist with strategic planning, contacting, and providing access to contractors for renovation projects. Explore, identify and participate in initiatives, processes and procedures to improve operational efficiencies while assuring quality within University policies; review and suggest ideas for improvement initiatives.
- Monitor the College of Medicine Building Operations ticketing system for issues related to the maintenance of the buildings, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, furniture, telephones, and security systems. Respond to inquiries, investigate, resolve problems and ensure that questions are handled in a professional and timely manner. Submit requests to FAU’s Buildings & Grounds and Central IT divisions as needed. Liaise with faculty and staff to provide proper communication about resolutions to issues. Submit FAU’s Central IT phone/data tickets for installations, moves, and trouble calls. Work closely with the Director, Building Operations, in the implementation of building operation policies and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of the shared scientific equipment in buildings 71 and 104. Contact and provide access to service technicians for equipment maintenance. Maintain inventory of equipment and ensure compliance with FAU’s Environmental Health & Safety/ OSHA requirements. Develop and maintain a preventive maintenance plan and maintenance log. Work closely with the Director, Building Operations in the implementation of laboratory and building safety procedures. Maintain awareness and make use of continuous quality improvement tools.
- Serve as Essential Personnel in the event of emergencies, such as critical scientific equipment failures or floods.
- Create and manage the purchase requisitions required for the maintenance of the shared lab equipment and supplies. Approve invoices as needed. Responsible for PCard purchases including related expense reports for building maintenance and lab supplies. Assist with quote gathering for college purchases of major research equipment. Conduct background research and analyze information.
- Train the Building Operations Program Assistant and provide backup for this position as needed.
- Process forms required for volunteers and lab card access.
- Develop, maintain and conduct the monthly College of Medicine Building Operations orientation presentation.
- Develop and distribute various reports as needed.
- Update and maintain the Building Operations intranet site.
- Provide backup to the Director, Building Operations, as appropriate and assigned.
- Supervise office or scientific equipment moves, including contacting an outside moving company as needed. Occasionally assist with the moving of small furniture items, unpacking of equipment, and hanging of pictures or small bulletin boards.
- Submit requests for visitor parking via College of Medicine departmental portal and email, including no-cite and parking link requests for meetings or events.
- Maintain an office procedure manual.
- Perform other related duties and complete special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate/specialized experience; or a High School diploma or equivalent and five years of appropriate/specialized experience required. A bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
Previous experience in building operations highly preferred.
Outstanding customer service skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant change and manage multiple projects and priorities along with a high level of professionalism and dependability is required.
Ability to work independently, plan and organize work efficiently and accurately, communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels required.Salary:
$36,000 - $38,000College or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., some nights and weekends may be required.Application Deadline:
2021-08-15-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.