Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10693 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The University Registrar at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Customer Service Manager, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee, direct, and manage primary communication areas with the Registrar's Office. This includes the call flow routing and phone queue system and the departmental email communications. Also includes the front desk lobby area of the Registrar's Office. Assess the situation, make a determination as to how to remedy the problem, and implement decision making techniques to resolve issues and questions of students, parents and staff.
- Makes recommendations to the Office Manager with regard to best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the communication functions.
- Tracks the interaction of the phone area and front desk using Lobby Central
- Manages the number of front desk and phone staff during peak and off-peak times.
- Manages system support regarding University closings, messages, and response times to inquiries.
- Manages the escalation path of calls and front desk interactions.
- Provides in person customer service to students, parents, and other staff members. Responds to a high volume of emails and phone calls regarding confidential student information.
- Responsible for the training of the front desk and phone staff.
A high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$37,500College or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Application Deadline:
2021-07-26-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.