UMKC Conservatory - Production Manager, 75019 Location:
UMKC Volker Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
UMKC Conservatory seeks a Production Manager who is detail oriented with strong mentorship and communication skills who is responsible for overseeing all technical and production aspects within the unit. The position will require the ability to foster a collaborative educational and professional training environment with an exceptional ability to troubleshoot, lead, organize, and budget; This position will play a pivotal role in the management of all productions within the UMKC Conservatory, as well as assisting with Theatre productions and special events as needed.Production Manager Duties:
- Create and manage individual production calendars and distribute to/coordinate with Dance, Opera, Theatre, and Music
- Supervise training and scheduling of all Conservatory Stage Managers and GTA/GA’s
- Maintain equipment and systems in performance spaces as assigned
- Attend and monitor production meetings, technical rehearsals, previews, and strike as assigned
- Attend Weekly Production Meeting, consult/contribute regarding overall Conservatory performance schedule
- Create technical schedules and load in schedules as assigned
- Oversight of purchase, copy, supply and distribute all department scripts and scores
- Consult with student designers/GTA supervisors/ faculty mentors regarding design processes as assigned
- Consult with technical directors and scenic designers regarding preliminary designs as assigned
- Monitor progress in all production shops as assigned
- Gather program information for all assigned Conservatory productions
- Report injury to university when needed and follow up with students
- Distribute audition announcements and casting information
- Archive seasonal information as assigned
- Coordinate check out and distribution of building keys to faculty and students
- Maintain a positive working environment between the KCRep and UMKC Theatre
- Train personnel for safety and sanitary conditions in the shops and facilities as assigned
- Recommend over-hire needs in collaboration with Head of Production
- Proof production budgets assigned
- Manage classroom and performance space access as assigned
- Manage student checkout procedures in props and costumes from rental storage facility
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- Experience in production management is required
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work in a team setting
- Ability to work and maintain progress on multiple projects
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Full Time/Part Time
This is a full time, non-exempt, benefit eligible position
Starting at $19.47 per hour, to be commensurate with education and experience.
Monday – Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM. This position involves supporting events that require working some early mornings, evenings and the occasional weekend.
Open until filled, for best consideration apply by July 26, 2021
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.
For more information about the Conservatory, please visit www.conservatory.umkc.edu
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.