11-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Director, BSN Nursing Program for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Fort Valley State University seeks a visionary leader to serve as the Director of its new Nursing (BSN) Program. The Nursing (BSN) Program is pending approval by the University System of Georgia. Under the supervision of the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Director will be responsible for overall leadership, development, direction, and administration of all aspects of the nursing program. The Director will help establish curriculum, laboratory space, and hire all appropriate personnel to launch the nursing program. This position is a 12-month tenure track position with academic rank commensurate with education, experience, and expertise. This position will supervise nursing program faculty and staff.
Establish goals and objectives for the nursing program that are in alignment with FVSU, national accreditation standards, and the Georgia Board of Nursing.Develop and enforce the policies and objectives for the nursing program that are in alignment with FVSU, national accreditation standards, and the Georgia Board of Nursing.Lead the school's nursing program to obtain and maintain approval by the Georgia Board of Nursing and accreditation by a national nursing accreditation body.
- Lead regular evaluation of the nursing program to realize program and institutional goals.
- Monitor and manage the budget for the nursing program.
- Recruit, hire, observe, and evaluate the performance of the nursing faculty and staff.
- Direct the continuing professional development of faculty and staff.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with partner hospitals.
- Assist in the identification and contract negotiations for use of clinical facilities.
- Serve as representative to university administration and community regarding activities of the nursing program.
- Enculture students to a service model for citizenship acting as a student advocate and mentor.
- Pursue external funding opportunities such as grants, alumni gifting, and foundation support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to manage student/faculty issues through conflict resolution strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to expedite administrative processes with diplomacy and thoughtfulness.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to promote nursing research, education, and service.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated experience in nursing program accreditation processes (ACEN/CCNE).
- A doctoral degree in nursing or education.
- A minimum of three (3) years in nursing education with a proven record of leadership of nursing education programs.A proven record of teaching, practice, scholarship, and service corresponding with the rank of associate professor.An unencumbered Registered Professional Nurse License in the state of Georgia.
- Familiarity with the Middle Georgia area and the ability to leverage existing relationships to strengthen the program.
- Experience establishing educational and clinical partnerships that promote health and healthcare for rural communities and o ne that meets the needs of a diverse population.
- Experience with program assessment and evaluation of student outcomes.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae with a letter of interest stating how their qualifications and experience align with the responsibility and expectations for the position, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com