Admin and Office Spec IIRole Code:
Parking Operations SpecialistPosition Number:
Northern VA Community CollegeDivision:
NV280-VP FinanceWork Location:
Prince William - 153Hiring Range:
F-Office & ClericalFull Time or Part Time:
Part TimeWork Schedule:
Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pmSensitive Position:
20-29 hours per week
The security of our students, faculty, and staff is very important at NOVA. Please take a moment to review https://www.nvcc.edu/police/college-safety/reports.html NOVA’s Annual Security Reports
Perform routine administrative, operational, financial, and customer-support services related to campus parking, transportation, and NOVACard operations.
Duties and Tasks:
An employee may be called upon to do any of the following duties depending on the current situation:
- Perform front office duties including but not limited to: Permit sales, citation payments, NOVACard issuance, cash drawer reconciliation & general customer support.
- Manage Print Services Support duties include but not limited to: Monitoring SmarterTrack for tickets and address as necessary. Refill paper, toner, and staples as needed. Troubleshoot paper jams. Escalate tickets to Tier 2 as needed.
- Perform parking enforcement duties including but not limited to: Checking all applicable parking areas for infractions against parking policy, Issuing citations to vehicles, & properly maintaining parking equipment and hardware. Operating a state enforcement vehicle while preforming duties.
- Front Desk
- Manage Print Services Support
- Parking Enforcement
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.KSA's/Required Qualifications:
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Communication and customer service skills
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience working in a Windows environment
- Valid Driver’s License
Operation of a State Vehicle:
- Experience in an office environment
- Cash-handling experience
- Customer service experience
Travel between campuses may be requiredPosting Number:
PublicNumber of Vacancies:
2Job Open Date:
07/09/2021Job Close Date:
07/23/2021Open Until Filled:
www.nvcc.eduBackground Check Statement Disclaimer:
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/EEO Statement:
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.ADA Statement:
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.E-Verify Statement:
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.Quicklink for Posting: