Budget Coordinator (Temporary Substitute)
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$42.00 per hour.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: Helps with Budget Office personnel as support for budget tasks. Input and prepare detailed budget information, such as account transactions in accordance with established requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major in accounting, business administration, or a related field. (Equivalent: Associate degree AND four (4) years of related experience.)
- Two (2) years of increasing responsibility in bookkeeping experience
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees
- Budget-related administrative assignments
- Leadership and managerial techniques
- Laws, rules regulations and codes related to assigned activities
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Personnel and budget management
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Title 5 regulations on funding
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Explain bookkeeping and financial regulations to staff
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Exercise leadership and maintain good working relationships with faculty, students, and staff
- Learn and use Banner software system with high proficiency
- Use Microsoft Office software with high proficiency, specifically Excel & Outlook
- Perform high level professional accounting work in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of accounts affecting college wide operations
- Ability to understand and research limitations for expenditures and help budget managers and staff to work within regulations specific to their grants
- Maintain accurate financial records to balance budget and accounts
- Perform short-and-long range budget, financial and operational planning
- Effectively work with academic, occupational, developmental, and Entrepreneurial programs in a multi-campus environment
- Facilitate change in a productive and positive manner
- Foster teamwork and to establish consensus
- Effectively represent the college in the community
- Work independently with little direction
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15268
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency