UCCI is inviting qualified applicants for the following position:
Division: Business & Finance
Discipline: Business & Finance
Academic rank: Senior Lecturer or Assistant Professor
Salary: $70,244 - $94,440 or $79,656 - $107,148
Deadline: July 31, 2021
The post-holder is expected to teach courses in the area of Finance and Business at all the undergraduate and graduate levels; teach using a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, online, hybrid, and hyflex courses; conduct publishable research in the area of Finance and Business; contribute to the design and development of the Finance curriculum; perform academic advising; serve on committees as needed; and be active in the life of the university and the broader community.
- Master’s in respective discipline area;
- 6 years demonstrated teaching excellence and proven pedagogical competence at the tertiary level;
- Doctorate in respective discipline area;
- 7 years demonstrated teaching excellence and proven pedagogical competence at the tertiary level;
- Authoritative knowledge in field of discipline;
- Strong record of professionally related service; new course development, new instructional methods, case development and use, etc.;
- Experience in the development of new courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Must have demonstrated excellence in guiding and counselling students towards pursuing advanced courses of study;
- Capacity to work with students in co-curricular activities such as clubs and internships;
- Experience at assessing learning outcomes;
- Proven engagement in scholarly activities as evidenced in publications and presentations at academic conferences.
- Evidence of collaborative research work with UCCI and other university academics;
- Proven capacity to deliver in hybrid and online modalities.
- Designs, prepares and develops teaching materials;
- Prepares and delivers lectures, seminars and tutorials in accordance with the allocated teaching load;
- Assesses students' coursework;
- Responsible for marking, assessing, recording and submitting results;
- Maintains student records and monitors student progress;
- Works collaboratively with the Dean to maintain and develop effective and efficient programme delivery;
- Ensures the quality of all department courses and programs in accordance with the guidelines of the UCCI Curriculum Committee;
- Develops and implements new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research;
- Supports students through an advisory role; and maintains office hours;
- Supervises students’ projects, research, internship and practicum activities.
- Undertakes continuous professional development e.g. staff training activities, conferences and seminars.
- Applications include a cover letter and CV with a list of existing courses the candidate can teach and proposed new courses the candidate can develop along with two (2) professional and two (2) character references.
Please send applications to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.