Lake Area Technical College is accepting applications for a Grants Manager. The Grants Manager position is full-time and duties will be completed in person, on the Lake Area Tech campus in Watertown, South Dakota. In addition to grant-related duties, the Grants Manager will also lead compliance efforts. This position is open until filled.
1. Knowledge of project management and federal grant management practices with an emphasis on technology development and implementation.
2. A minimum of three years of related employment experience is desired with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant major preferred.
3. Computer literate with excellent people skills.
4. Background and character suitable for holding a position of public trust.
5. Leadership and management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines. Accepts accountability.
6. Excellent interpersonal communication, creative thinking, and problem solving skills, dedication to working with a diverse population of students, and collaboration with coworkers in a team environment.
7. Bilingual a plus.
8. National Career Readiness Certificate level Silver or higher a plus.
1. Search and apply for federal, state, local, industry, and community grants.
2. Guide and advise all involved on required and allowable activities, allowable expenses, expected deliverables, and timelines in accordance with Statement of Work. Enforcement of grant intent and requirements.
3. Oversee grant activities at Lake Area Technical College including:
- Claims processing and verification prior to submission to Business Office for payment. Processing includes ensuring accuracy and grant compliance with co-grantees.
- Ensuring lines of communications are open and a cross-flow of grant information is maintained with LATC staff and co-grantees.
- Establishing and managing timelines and deliverables for grant activities.
- Establishing and maintaining a data collection and consolidation system for grant data submission.
- Completing and submitting in a timely manner all federal, state, and local mandated quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide grant writing educational workshops to interested faculty and staff.
4. Oversee the acquisition of equipment.
5. Assist Vice President with bidding process.
6. Confirm the college operations are in compliance with all local, state, and federal labor laws, as well as the laws that govern business practices.
7. Collaborate with administration to make sure the entire campus is aware of compliance requirements and issues including all higher education federal compliance requirements.
8. Work closely with department supervisors to review all departmental policies for compliance issues.
9. Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
10. Design and implement programs, policies, and practices with administrative approval to ensure that the college complies with Title IV, Title IX, Jeanne Cleary, and other higher education acts.
11. Assist with compiling documentation for the Higher Learning Commission comprehensive evaluation of Federal Compliance in coordination with the Assessment Coordinator.
12. Pursue continuous professional development opportunities to refine expertise and ensure the grants and compliance policies and procedures adapt to evolving regulations.
13. Some weekend work required, and travel (primarily in-state) required.
14. Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
229 day contract over 12 months with salary and benefits set by the Watertown School Board. The Grants Manager reports to the Vice President.