As a non-profit organization, BioKansas provides meaningful content, connections, and advocacy to advance the state’s bioscience industry. To help the organization’s mission of supporting and growing Kansas’ bioscience ecosystem including bioscience research, commercialization, training, and business development, BioKansas is seeking an individual who will contribute to its mission by joining its staff as an Assistant Director of Career Services.
Description and Role Responsibilities
The Assistant Director of Career Services is responsible for content development, presenting workshops, teaching lessons, event planning, management of multiple projects, and communications. This position requires strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to team success.
This role will primarily work directly with the President and CEO of BioKansas.
- Participate in the design and delivery of career-related workshops, programs, and panels.
- Assist students in developing and refining resume writing, interviewing, and job-search skills.
- Assist with planning and promotion of career and professional development programming.
- Assist with updating existing marketing materials and development of new materials.
- Maintain scheduling portal.
- Develop and improve mechanisms for tracking and reporting data for both internal and external audiences.
- Assist with grant writing.
- Process and manage email communications.
- Assist in assembling board communications and reports.
- Lead planning of career and professional development related events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-years experience in a career services or human resources role.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse population of learners and stakeholders.
- Analytical, reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Position Appointment: Full Time (40 hours)
For full consideration, applications must received by August 15