09-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Washington, PA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Responsible for the operation, maintenance, repair, of facilities and systems. Work may involve exposure to hazardous materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform simple plumbing installation and repairs.
- Repair and install walls and ceilings
- Paint interior and exterior surfaces
- Perform general carpentry
- Responsible for event set up of microphone and sound equipment and ensures reliable operation of event use equipment.
- Installs and repairs doors and hardware, including overhead doors
- Replaces window glass, glazes window; repairs, installs and reseals windows
- Removal and replacement of concrete and stone pavers.
- Repair and replace damaged roof areas
- Repair, replacement and installation carpet and floor tiles.
- Installs and repairs furnishings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Changes light bulbs, ballasts and broken lenses where required.
- Installs, repairs and maintains window air conditioning units
- Performs basic electrical outlet and switch repairs including breaker resets
- Performs basic repairs to audiovisual, telecommunication, and data equipment.
- Must participate with overtime staff coverage, as needed, to address campus needs and will participate on the physical plant weekly "on-call" listing. Refusal to participate will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Additional job related duties as required by the supervisor.
- Must use College owned vehicles to traverse campus to efficiently complete daily work tasks, includes the use of a bucket truck or JLG lift.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks during major moves as required.
- Assembles and works from scaffolding.
- Removes snow and ice from College roads, parking lots, sidewalks and steps.
- May perform athletic and event set-ups and break down as required.
- Valid PA driver's license
- Able to read, write, and comprehend at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- 12 month work experience preferred in one of the following areas;
- carpentry; concrete; dry wall installation and repair; plumbing; painting;
- plaster installation and repair; windows, doors, and keys, tiles; roofing, welding burning soldering; general maintenance.
- Must be able to read schematics
- Ability to follow instructions given either orally or in writing.
- Ability to learn to use hand tools, power tools and power equipment
- Knowledge of basic safety.
- Lift up to 80 pounds
- Ability to push and pull
- Walk up to 8 hours per day
- Climb ladders, stairs, and scaffolding
- Use basic hand tools
- Stamina for prolonged or short-term physical exertion
Wednesday through Sunday 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
This position has no supervisory duties. Application Instructions
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/
. Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.Washington & Jefferson Collegehttps://washjeff.applicantpro.com