Research Assistant Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' experience in a research, basic science or clinical setting particularly clinical trials research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness and ability to work with research animals
- Ability to use sound judgement and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Preferred Qualifications Basic lab experience.Responsibilities This Research Assistant will perform translational/clinical research including both testing of human research subjects and basic lab duties. The RA will be responsible for non-invasive physiological testing of research subjects, basic lab procedures, and data management (accurate data entry, retrieval and quality control). Work is performed under close supervision. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Subject recruitment and screening; help with timely and effective recruitment of human subjects for laboratory
- Research projects (e.g. developing new recruitment resources, advertising, performing telephone screenings, etc.); provide quality control of phone screenings and scheduling; make reminder calls to subjects for testing at the Georgia Prevention Institute.
- Basic lab processes, such as plasma/serum isolation, PBMC extraction, etc.Urine sample handling.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-FPay Grade: R9Salary: $13.00/hr Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 7/9/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. Compliance with AU Confidentiality Policies:
- All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.