Full-Time Counselor Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
681 # of Openings:
1 Full-Time Counselor – Counseling Center Job Overview
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing counseling services to the Wheaton College student community
- Full-Time counselors report directly to the Director of the Counseling Center
- The hours for this position are 40 hrs/week (25 client hours), 9 months/yr.
- Provide one week per month of after-hours on-call emergency coverage.
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Counsel students in individual therapy as requested or referred regarding educational and personal needs and concerns.
- Provide group therapy as well as offer 2-4 psychoeducational workshops each academic year.
- Refer students as needed to off-campus resources such as psychiatrists, and/or to on-campus resources such as Student Health Services, Learning and Accessibility Services, and Student Care Services.
- Develop safety plans and facilitates psychiatric hospitalizations as necessary.
- Participate in regular WCCC staff meetings, case conferences, case disposition team and in-service/professional development training.
- Maintain up-to-date records of counseling sessions.
- Organize and present to WCCC staff members based on areas of specialty and clinical expertise.
- Stay current on relevant research and best practices regarding psychological services to the college student population.
- Master’s degree required., Ph.D. or Psy.D, preferred.
- Licensed clinical professional (LPC, LCPC, LMFT, LCSW) required.
- Two years’ experience preferred
- A generalist experienced in the areas of depression, anxiety, and eating disorders; crisis management and consultation; spiritual issues; recovery issues; prevention and outreach services; addictions and mental illness treatment.
- Demonstrated skill and interest in an integrated response to the clinical, spiritual, and developmental issues of college students.
- Valid driver’s license.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status -
Non Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.Updated