Full-Time# of Openings:
This position provides administrative support to the department. Primary responsibilities include overseeing the graduate program, faculty support, webpage and database maintenance and purchasing. The position provides support for the manager and back-up in her absence.Responsibilities
- Manage active graduate program currently consisting of 25 enrolled graduate students as well as any visiting students.
- Manages the Admissions process, Reenrollment process, scheduling of the first year, general and final public oral exams and the overall monitoring of student progress and completion of PhD. requirements.
- Responsible for interpreting Graduate School policies and procedures as they pertain to both U.S. and International students while also considering each student’s individual status (i.e. regular, in absentia, etc.)
- Respond to the academic as well as the personal concerns of the graduate students.
- Input and maintain all graduate student financial support, including external fellowships, throughout the academic and calendar years.
- Proficient in PRIME Labor Accounting system.
- Provide support to 10 core faculty members as needed.
- Responsibilities include letter writing; purchasing; seminar coordination; typing technical manuscripts using LaTex; and making travel arrangements for both faculty and visitors.
- Manage departmental purchases, reimbursements and travel using the Princeton PRIME and Concur systems.
- Maintain PACM website and Facebook group page, which includes posting content such as news and colloquium updates.
- Maintain websites for faculty members, as needed.
- Update database which contains annual directory information, academic progress for Ph.D. and certificate students, and current contact information for alumni.
- Plan and coordinate several special events including The Distinguished Lecturer Visit.
- Other responsibilities may include graphic design (creating thesis posters for graduate students and event invitations/posters) and some event coordination. Serves as program telephone coordinator. Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years work experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office, Photoshop or similar photo manipulation software, Illustrator, and Drupal or other web content management systems. Experience with Google Calendar.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW