Job no: 517332
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:47002100 - UP-JOURNALS
OPS Journals & EDP Assistant
- Coordinating projects through publication process (project management). This includes supervising the copyediting of journal articles (usually by a freelance copyeditor), monitoring the proofreading of the manuscript (by the author), and overseeing the editorial details and many of the production details involved in the progress of scholarly journal issue publication.
- Electronic cleanup and coding of journal articles and book manuscripts in preparation for copyediting and typesetting. This includes following established in-house procedures for preparing manuscript files for copyediting and typesetting.
- Learning our in-house electronic publication platform and posting journal articles online, including sending articles to our outside vendors for publication.
- Assisting the UPF marketing department with journal materials for exhibits, advertising, email campaigns, and other marketing efforts.
- Copyediting and proofreading of journal articles and book manuscripts using various style manuals, including Chicago, APA, and unique journal style guides.
- Other clerical duties as assigned (correspondence with authors and editors).
- Maintains flexibility and awareness of changes and needs in the organization by assuming similar duties and responsibilities as assigned.
$13.00-$14.00, commensurate with experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area required, preferably in English.
Prior experience/internship in a professional setting and/or publishing preferred.
Priority will be given to experience in editorial work or other areas of book publishing, particularly at a university press, and to applicants who are familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style guide. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills. The ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently with a high degree of initiative are critical.
The incumbent should be computer literate, with a strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (especially MS Word and Excel), database programs (such as Access or FileMaker).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 09 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time