Associate Director, Annual GivingLocation:
Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Jul 9, 2021Description:
The Associate Director is a key player on the very high performing Annual Giving team. They will lead the donor acquisition and retention program to build on what is already one of the top Annual Funds in the country. Coming in at a time when Hamilton is reimagining its strategy to advance to the next level of alumni participation, the Associate Director will perform four roles that support achieving the yearly donor and dollar goals of the Hamilton Fund:
(1) Formulates and executes the donor-acquisition strategy aimed at returning Hamilton to 50% alumni participation. Uses Hamilton’s extensive data and analytics tools to identify opportunities for donor engagement;
(2) Manages the volunteer engagement and fund-raising activities for 10-15 assigned classes, including 2-3 classes celebrating reunions.
(3) Manages a portfolio of 250 prospects who give $500 or more annually, with targeted giving of more than $200,000;
(4) Assists with the planning and execution of two annual “donor rallies,” supplementing ongoing Hamilton Fund solicitation efforts, with a focus on alumni donor acquisition.
- Donor strategy:
- Under the direction of the Director, Annual Giving, develops strategies to increase alumni participation in giving to the College.
- Creates and monitors a measurement system to track progress.
- Volunteer management:
- Recruits and supports class volunteers for 10-15 assigned classes to achieve annual donor and dollar goals.
- Supports the Alumni Relations department in managing the reunion planning and fund-raising activities of 2-3 reunion-year classes.
- Pipeline donor portfolio management:
- Maintains a solicitation and engagement portfolio of ~250 donor prospects with demonstrated giving history and potential of $500+ annually, with accountability for increased dollar performance.
- Travels 6-8 times each year to cultivate and solicit assigned prospects.
- Support of donor rallies:
- Assists with planning and organizing two donor rallies a year, fall and spring, aimed at boosting alumni participation.
- Organizes and executes the student- and campus community-focused activities in support of the two donor rallies.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s desirable.
- Demonstrated direct fund-raising, political campaign or constituent management and/or sales experience, including program management, or comparable experience in a business, nonprofit or related setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated results-orientation and a strategic, problem-solving approach to challenges
- Ability to work with colleagues effectively
- Experience developing strategic and tactical program plans
- Experience devising and managing sales or fund-raising programs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, paying close attention to detail while meeting deadlines
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Capacity to master new software, especially the Blackbaud VNF platform and the Ellucian Colleague/Advancement database
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Commitment to equity - has developed or worked with initiatives that serve underrepresented groups.
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Commitment to personal growth and development is highly desirable
- Disposition to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently and to work on evenings and weekends during on-campus alumni events
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.