Columbus State University
Columbus State University has an opening for a Program Coordinator in the Center for Experiential Learning and Career Design. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Office of Student Life and Development to enhance Columbus State University's new student orientation, ROAR.This position is responsible for integrating interactive activities into ROAR Orientation to create holistic transition experiences and contribute to the retention of the first-year students. Reporting to the Executive Director for the Center for Experiential Learning and Career Design, this position serves as an expert in student development and transition and closely collaborates with the Office of Student Life and Development, the Center for Servant Leadership, the Center for Academic Tutoring, Diversity Program, and the First-Year Experience Program. Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- ROAR+ Orientation activities
- Collaborate closely with the Office of Student Life and Development (SLD) to design and implement holistic transition experiences for students to build communities and a sense of belonging at CSU during summer and spring semesters.
- Collaborate with the Center for Servant Leadership to design and implement curriculum for leadership development and training; Assist SLD with orientation leader training
- Collaborate with campus partners, such as Student Support Services andAdmissions Office, to communicate and promote ROAR+ experiences
- Assess and report the efficacy of the programs to campus stakeholders
- Manage budget and logistics associated with ROAR+ in partnership with SLD
- First-Year transition activities
- Serve as a liaison between ROAR+ Orientation and First-Year Experience Program by developing and coordinating transition activities in alignment with CSU's mission and strategic priorities
- Closely collaborate with the Director of First-Year Experience Program (FYE) tocontribute to the university's effort in increasing the retention rate of first-year students
- Collaborate with the Director of the Center for Career Design to integrate career development into first-year students' transition experience
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and external stakeholders on programming initiatives such as Diversity Forum, Cougar Leadership Conference, iLead, Day of Service
- Serve on appropriate university committees and governing boards
- Career Coach
- Work closely with the Director of Career Design to provide career services to undergraduate students
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; experience and knowledge in developing programs and activities that are responsive to the needs of diverse student populations; extensive experience and knowledge in curriculum design for student engagement activities; experience working collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders in a wide variety of university initiatives and committees; and an understanding of training, college student development, college student personnel, organizational structure in higher education, and facilities management.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to providing inclusive and equitable learning opportunities for diverse students and building CSU communities; highly developed communication and problem-solving skills; advanced skills in using online platforms to provide interactive experiences to students such as Discord, Zoom, Gather Town and other online platforms; a familiarity with Banner SIS; and a willingness to support a diverse and inclusive environment.Preferred Qualifications
A Master's degree is preferred. Proposed Salary
The annualized salary range for this position is $32,253 - $36,284 and includes full benefits. Required Documents to Attach Required Documents to Submit with Online Application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
All applications and required documents must be submitted using Columbus State University's online employment site and a complete packet must be submitted for full consideration. Contact Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]
. Conditions of Employment
A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment. Special Applicant Instructions
For fullest consideration, please submit your application immediately. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=230017&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency