Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
S&E - Math/Statistics SciencesProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics in the College of Science & Engineering invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Instructor of Mathematics to begin fall 2021. The Department seeks a dynamic colleague committed to fostering teaching and student development in a program that values creativity, collaboration, learner-centered pedagogy, and diversity. The new colleague is responsible for providing feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with TAMUCC's learning-centered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a TAMUCC Mathematics Instructor. The successful candidate will teach 15 contact hours per semester supporting mathematics requirements for different majors including the Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. Primary teaching responsibilities will be teaching undergraduate mathematics/statistics co-requisite and developmental math courses, participate in the ongoing development of such courses, and take a leadership role in common assessment efforts, TSI initiatives, and Summer Bridge Program. Other duties include service to both the department and the university.
The successful candidate is expected to prepare and deliver instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.) and provide feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes. The department seeks a colleague who can develop and implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students and that promote both acquisition and applications of knowledge and understanding (Learning Centered Teaching Strategies). The candidate is required to stay current with Texas Student Success Initiatives (TSI) and teach Learning Community such as First Year Learning Experience. The new faculty member will join a group of 22 mathematics, statistics and mathematics education faculty who serve the entire campus community.
The Department of Mathematics & Statistics in the College of Science and Engineering prepares the University's students to use mathematics and statistics intelligently in their chosen fields of study and to understand mathematics as it affects their lives and participation in public affairs. The BS in Mathematics as well as the MS in Mathematics Program with its three tracks focused on Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Math Education, provide their students with preparation for careers in education, science, and commerce, as well as providing a solid foundation for further study in mathematics. We also serve our community by providing expertise to local schools, industry, and businesses.
- M.S. in Mathematics.
- Three years of Texas Student Success Initiatives (TSI) exposure and teaching experience with Learning Community.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching undergraduate mathematics and statistics courses and effective classroom instruction.
- A minimum of two years of teaching College Level, Co-requisite and Developmental Math courses.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Online teaching certification.
- Breadth and depth of mathematical knowledge.
- Demonstrated commitment to and preparation for excellence in teaching undergraduate mathematics courses.
- Experience working with diverse student populations at the college and developmental level.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in performing professional service.
- Online teaching skills/experience.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of interest describing qualifications for the position.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. A statement of mathematics teaching philosophy.
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts for all graduate coursework.
5. A list of three professional references including names, titles, phone numbers and email addresses.
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 31, 2021.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Instructor--Mathematics_R-039171-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency