Senior Project Manager
The George Mason University, Facilities Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Senior Project Manager position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing design, construction, and fit-out for capital and non-capital projects from project initiation through turn-over. The Senior Project Manager is also expected to lead project planning and programming for non-capital projects and be part of the team under the leadership of the Capital Strategies and Planning office for capital planning, project planning, and programming for capital projects.
- Serve as primary point of contact with academic and business unit representatives throughout the duration of the project;
- Manage the work efforts of external organizations such as A/E firms, general contractors and construction managers;
- Coordinate the work efforts of institutional organizations such as interior design, environmental graphic design, information technology, access control and environmental health safety and risk management to ensure that program objectives, institutional design and construction standards, regulatory requirements, the project schedule requirements, and the project budget are achieved.;
- Coordinate with and manage submissions to external agencies including the Division of Engineering and Buildings and the State Fire Marshall’s Office to ensure regulatory compliance is achieved;
- Direct activities of other facilities members of the project team (project engineer, project inspector, etc.) and contracted consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture, or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Significant experience with large multi-million dollar facilities projects to include: planning, design, and construction; preferably in an institutional environment such as institutions of higher education required.
- Experience in all phases of the Project Management cycle to include: Planning, Design, and Construction for all contract types required. Typically this level of experience will be obtained through at least 12+ years experience in progressively complex engineering or architectural positions;
- Demonstrated experience with projects that include complex program criteria such as academic research facilities, BSL Labs, emerging science and engineering buildings, medical facilities or projects of a similar nature.
- Master’s degree or significant experience in progressively responsible engineering or architectural positions;
- Experience mentoring and providing direction to Project Engineers and lower level Project Managers highly desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00915z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.