Req ID: req9669 Position Title: Wellness Coordinator (Located in Tahlequah, OK) Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: GS9581 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: Provost Location Address:
19500 E Ross St
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, 74464
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 15.00 - 16.89, Hourly Work Schedule: Typically 5 days/week, 8 hours/day Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: This position is located in Tahlequah, Oklahoma.
The Wellness Coordinatorat Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences Cherokee Nation(OSUCOM-CN) is responsiblefor implementing a total wellness program for the OSUCOM-CN community, including students,staff, faculty, and residents located in the Tahlequah area. This position also oversees the directoperations of the campus fitness center and intramural sports program.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot and cold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry 8-10 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.) Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience
Position Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health, or other health related field
Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to healthier living choices, work independently and supervise a team of employees, and computer and fiscal management skillsPreferred:
- Master’s degree in Health Promotion, Health Education, Public Health, or other health related field
- Certified as a Health Education Specialist (CHES) or nationally recognized Wellness Certification
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in higher education as a health education and promotion professional
- Experience in developing, teaching, and presenting wellness related classes and workshops
- Involvement in planning, promoting, and administering a variety of health education and promotion programs on a college campus Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.