Temporary Systems and Administrative Support, Wharton School
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Temporary Systems and Administrative Support, Wharton SchoolJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
This is a temporary position within the Communications Unit in the Grad Division of the Wharton School.Job Description
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Responsible for copying and distribution of all course handouts, cases, & midcourse feedback forms
- Monitor and stock office supply inventory
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Organizing occasional events (reserving spaces, catering orders, etc.)
- Accurately performing technical tasks and data entry in operational and educational systems and software, e.g.,
- Student Record System (SRS)
- Course scheduling system
- Syllabus repository
- Providing backup and assistance in:
- iPad support for lecturers
- Charging, maintenance, and ordering of supplies for video initiatives
- Classroom and recording scheduling system
- Program Website (Wordpress)
- Qualtrics (survey tool)
- Conducting/assisting with Special Projects as required; other duties - as assigned.
Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred. One to three years administrative support experience required. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical in this position. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of business software applications is crucial. Flexible and able to multi-task. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel required, with experience in PowerPoint preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$7.25 - $230.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SteinbergDietrich-Hall---1st-Floor/Temporary-Systems-and-Administrative-Support--Wharton-School_JR00035737
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency