Temporary Worker - CEAS Program Assistant
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Temporary Worker - CEAS Program AssistantJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description
The Center for East Asian Studies Program Assistant is a part-time, hourly paid position at the Center for East Asian Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. The Center promotes interdisciplinary research and teaching across the university community, and directs outreach programming to area teachers, schools, and general public on issues related to East Asia (China, Japan, Korea, Mongolia). The Center sponsors conferences and lectures, awards grants to faculty members and students, hosts visiting scholars, and undertakes community outreach to promote a better understanding of East Asia. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of the Center for East Asian Studies.Schedule:
- Approximately 15-20 hours/week (depending on class schedule)
- Evening/weekend work for special events may occasionally be required
- Initiate and maintain contact with invited guest speakers to plan travel and lodging accommodations
- Organize publicity for special events by designing flyers, communicating directly with Penn faculty, staff, centers, and departments
- Assist with staffing special events (e.g. guest lectures, conferences, workshops)
- Book event and meeting spaces for Center events
- Maintain/develop CEAS social media presence, event calendar, and website
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. handling Center for East Asian Studies front desk responsibilities, assist in data collection for writing grant proposals
Job Location - City, State
- High School Diploma and 3 - 5 years of relevant experience required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Strong professional oral and written communication in English (East Asian language competency is a plus).
- Experience with design software (Canva, Photoshop, InDesign), using social media tools, and web design experience
- Experience with online RSVP platforms and meeting services like Eventbrite and Zoom
- Education/outreach interest in teaching about East Asia would be a plus
- Genuine interest in East Asia issues
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Arts and SciencesPay Range
$7.25 - $230.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Williams-Hall---6th-Floor/Temporary-Worker---CEAS-Program-Assistant_JR00035643
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency