We are seeking an experienced Human Resources University Partner/Generalist to join the three person HR team. The HR University Partner will be responsible for a broad range of human resources responsibilities with a primary emphasis on recruiting and talent acquisition, employee relations including serving as a Title IX investigator, job description development and evaluation, compensation analysis, and performance development and management. The HRUP will serve as a trusted, collaborative, resource for leadership, supervisors and employees. Employees of the University must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of the University.
An overview of essential responsibilities:
Recruiting and Talent Acquisition
• Working with the Associate Vice President, develop and implement full cycle recruiting and talent acquisition process for open positions including: build out a talent management system and process; job description development, analysis and evaluation, and pay status; recruiting plans; onboarding; touchpoints; reporting etc.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on recruiting processes focused on equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Coach and guide hiring managers and search committees throughout the search and selection process.
• Collaborate with management and staff to understand role, responsibility, required skills and knowledge for all positions; guide the development of, and review position descriptions for accurate reflection of role and correct exempt or non-exempt status.
• Develop job advertisements to attract talent via job postings, social media management, job boards, professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
• Develop reporting and audit processes. Collect and analyze data to measure the effectiveness of recruiting practices.
• Lead investigations, as assigned. Conduct timely, thorough, and impartial investigations. Prepare detailed, accurate written reports.
• Serve as a Title IX investigator.
• Monitor and address employee relation concerns; serve as a resource for faculty, staff and supervisors to provide guidance on policies and procedures, or to address concerns, conflicts, disciplinary or performance issues.
• Coordinate and oversee ADA accommodation and interactive process.
• Participate in new employee orientation programming, and create a welcoming, inclusive environment for new hires to ensure a successful on-boarding experience.
Performance Development and Management
• Assist with the Performance Development Process (PDP) including educating and training management and staff, maintaining and coordinating the cycle to ensure timely participation and completion.
• Assist the AVP for HR in the delivery of education, prevention, awareness and outreach programming for faculty and staff on a variety of topics.
• Lead special projects, other duties, as assigned.
• Must be able to travel to our Newtown, PA location, and as needed to conferences, meetings, etc. This position overview is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred) in business, organization development, human resources management or other related field. HRCI and/or SHRM certification.
• 7+ years HR generalist experience, preferably focusing on key areas such as employee relations, recruiting & talent acquisition, investigations, job description development and compensation analysis, developing and presenting training programs.
• Higher education experience with Title IX experience strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge and application of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, particularly related to areas of responsibility.
• Synthesize information and apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in order to determine possible solutions.
• Investigatory skills including fact-finding, impartiality and documenting accurately and thoroughly.
• Proficiency in organization and time management; verbal and written communication; interpersonal, and listening skills.
• Ability to develop collaborative working relationships; communicate with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity; Ability to handle sensitive information; maintain confidentiality; act ethically.
• Critical thinking and problem analysis/resolution skills. Attentive to details.
• An orientation which strives for continuous improvement, creativity, flexibility and growth mindset.
• MS Office proficiency; proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the University’s HRIS and talent management software via ADP.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending a cover letter that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described above and desired salary, and resume to [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family. The University prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and students at the University. Holy Family University complies with Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources at [email protected].