The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) supports the University community in their pursuit of research and the management of externally sponsored programs. ORSP is the key point of contact for faculty in the area of sponsored research and other sponsored programs, including research conduct and compliance, and patent and technology transfer guidance and oversight. The ORSP is located on the University of Denver campus, Denver, CO.
The ORSP is seeking a talented, dependable, resourceful, and self-motivated Business Coordinator II to work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, Research Administration, and the Director, Budget and Planning. The Business Coordinator II will provide accounting and financial support, to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), provide budget and hiring support, budget management assistance, coordinating the processing of accounts payable/receivable transactions, processing payroll, and managing the hiring process for non-benefited positions. Administrative tasks will include departmental and campus-wide communications, event planning support, assisting with the management of departmental webpages, coordinating appropriate purchasing and facility management, and monitoring departmental supplies and equipment. Additionally, this position provides general administrative, visitor reception, and special project support. This position will be a hybrid of remote work and in-office work over the Summer 2021 with the expectation of fully in-office by the beginning of the Fall 2021 term.
Coordinate Departmental Budgets
- Monitor and reconcile budget reports, assist in tracking the journal entries by reviewing the source documentation and making relevant adjustments.
- Coordinate the reconciliation of transactions that involve departments p-cards.
- Maintain supporting documentation for accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and HR according to University records retention guidelines.
- Perform year-end reconciliation and other year-end tasks based on DU and ORSP training.
General Administrative Duties
- Greet and assist visitors to main office, including answering basic advising or informational questions about the department. This requires a physical presence in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs during university business hours.
- Perform space allocation changes and analysis when required.
- Assist in planning various departmental events (e.g. meetings, trainings, conferences, etc.).
- Back-up calendaring support, booking of travel accommodations through Concur.
- Associate's degree.
- One to two years of experience in an office support setting.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook in a professional context.
- Communication, financial, analytical, and collaborative skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in an office support setting.
- Experience working in a university environment.
- Experience with Banner or similar administrative systems.
Monday - Friday, 20 hours per week, schedule flexible.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, July 30th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for the position is $20.50 - $25.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.