Casual WagePosition Title:
OISS Coordinator (no benefits)Full Time/Part Time:
Dean of the CollegeDepartment:
International Student ServicesDepartment Statement:
The OISS Coordinator is responsible for event planning, program implementation, and general support to meet international students’ needs as well as to further the departmental and divisional goals.Accountabilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to: Professional Experience/ Qualifications:
• Event planning and implementation.
• Logistical support for events and programs.
• Assisting with International Student Orientation.
• Providing guidance to international students.
• Assist with services and support provided to students over breaks.
The OISS Coordinator will be expected to work collaboratively and interdepartmentally and serve as an advocate for international students on the Colgate campus. The OISS Coordinator is also expected to support administrative duties of the office including OISS social media management, event facilitation, and other duties as assigned. In addition to working in OISS, the OISS Coordinator may have the opportunity to assist the Office of Off-Campus Study and the Center for International Programs by creating a global experience for all students at Colgate University.
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to use social skills to interact with students of diverse backgrounds. An understanding of the collegiate experience of international students. Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong attention to detail. Reliable and independent worker. Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work as a member of a team, to function collaboratively, and to initiate independently.
• Experience working with international students, first-year student programming, student activities, leadership programming, and/or other areas in higher education. Education:
• Experience living, working, and/or studying abroad outside of the United States.
• Flexibility and innovation in response to problems and challenges.
• Valid US driver’s license
Bachelor’s degree preferred.Requisition Number:
YesJob Open Date:
06/16/2021Open Until Filled:
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression, genetic information, victims of domestic violence and stalking, familial status, and all other categories covered by law. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training at all levels of employment. Colgate University will not discharge or discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.Clery Act:
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at [email protected]. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.