DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine | Department of Surgery | Division of UrologyAdministrative Coordinator to Chief of UrologyPosition #00785861 – Requisition #21994
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Surgery, Division of Urology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Coordinator to Chief of Urology position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. This position will exercise the duties and responsibilities of managing the administrative support for the Chief of Urology and the Division Administrative Director. This position will be in charge of managing the calendar, events, appointments, travel, reimbursements and official functions of the Chief, and the DAD. This position will collaborate and interact with the Division and Department to ensure continuity of duties and responsibilities. This position will be the responsible point of contact for the Division and will collaborate with the Division administrative support staff. This is a highly independent, fully operational position with a high level of discretion in decision making. Part of the duties of this position will be providing phone coverage for the Chief, as well as interacting face to face with customers, stakeholders, employees etc. General office and faculty support will also be required including: credentialing, travel, reimbursement and calendar management for Division faculty. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day program support Chief and Division Administrative Director
- Manage email responses in a manner agreed upon with the Chief
- Draft correspondence and presentations on behalf of the Chief including: management of required letters of recommendation, credentialing approval, privilege approvals, education verifications on behalf of the Chief
- Works collaboratively with the Division staff and institutional partners (UCH, CU Medicine, CHCO) in management of the Chiefs Office
- Assist the Chief and DAD with ad hoc project management.
- Act as an effective representative of the Division/Department/University
- Coordinate and manage Division recruitment efforts (travel, itinerary, scheduling)
- Coordinate Division special events, visiting professors, educational conferences
- Act as a first point-of-contact for the Chief, answer and direct incoming calls and walk-in customers
OFFICE OPERATIONAL DUTIES:
Salary and Benefits:
- Provide division faculty support including credentialing, travel, reimbursement and calendar management.
- Provide administrative support for Division committees including Research Council, DEI committee and educational committees.
- Provide as needed support to Division leadership including Resident Program Director, Director of Research and Director of Clinical Operations
- Management of Division space planning
- Update and distribute Division phone list, maintain and update departmental organizational charts.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services for the division and reconcile expenses Order catering for various meetings.
- Support Division operations including events, contracts, vendor agreements, invoicing supply ordering, and administrative operations.
- In collaboration with HR, support faculty and new hire onboarding
- Serve as the primary back up for Administrative Assistant.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $48,137 - $67,391The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- At least 4 years of experience in an executive support and/or office manager role.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, event management, finance, accounting, social sciences, public administration, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience but not for the specific experience.
- Experience managing executive or VP level calendar, scheduling, event planning.
- Experience with complex scheduling
- Experience working in a customer service-related role.
- Experience coordinating travel, preparing experience reports, or with coordinating meeting logistics.
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 14, 2021Unposting Date: