Women's Basketball Head Coach - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for the ACA health benefits at employee expense.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time head coach adjunct positions for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Duties may consist of assignments in the fall and/or spring semesters as well as the program's extended summer session.
This is an adjunct, part-time head coaching Physical Education and Athletics - Head Coach of Women's Basketball. This assignment includes coaching and an instructional assignment teaching intercollegiate basketball courses to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities. Conditioning and other transferrable KIN courses may be assigned if the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for Kinesiology as stipulated in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges disciplines listing.
This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays.
Education and Experience:
Any bachelor’s degree AND
two years of coaching experience/professional experience.OR
- Any associate degree AND
six years of coaching experience/professional experience.AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Sports Psychology or other related fields
- Successful experience as a head coach/assistant coach at the college or university level, or as a head coach at the high school level.
- Expertise in Kinesiology, physical education/fitness, recreation, health education/wellness, nutrition or related fields and a specialization in coaching.
- Recent teaching experience in Kinesiology, physical education, health education or related field.
- Commitment to monitoring and supporting the academic progress of student-athletes in their program, as well as an understanding of eligibility requirements pertaining to participation and transfer.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to excellence in athletics.
- Experience in and demonstrated recruiting contacts.
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing and maintaining a quality women’s intercollegiate program in a small, rural community college.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to develop and maintain working relationships with local high schools to facilitate recruiting and articulation of the Women’s Basketball program.
- Ability to deliver instruction using strategies designed for diverse learning styles.
- Willingness to work with students from diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on April 28, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community environment.
- Maintain a course outline for each assigned course.
- Keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and scholastic progress.
- Provide current course orientation materials, including syllabus and course outline to each student.
- Maintain currency in subject matter and/or service area.
- Communicate with students and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population.
- Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e. CCCAA, CVC, NCAA, NAIA.
- Willingness to promote Porterville College through community service and outreach within the local community.
- Ability and willingness to develop appropriate fundraising activities to support the Women’s Basketball program.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.Foreign Degree:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Philosophy of Teaching/Coaching
- Sample Practice Plan
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.EEO Plan 2018-2021The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.Discrimination Free Work Environment
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14932
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency