Counselor, Part-time Adjunct Pool (Tehachapi - Inmate Education Program Opportunity)
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Rate may vary based on type of assignment and Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave only.
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
Cerro Coso College
The successful applicant will be expected to provide a full range of counseling/instructional services at the Tehachapi site. This assignment may include counseling services at other campus sites or on-line for on-line students. This assignment may include teaching courses in a prison setting in the college's nationally-recognized incarcerated student education program.Inmate Education
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Master’s in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling,OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
(NOTE: A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.)AND
- A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the Cerro Coso Community College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
- Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.EEO Plan 2018-2021The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.Discrimination Free Work Environment
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14646
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency