Medical Terminology and/or Life Span Development, Part time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions.
Bakersfield College offers college courses in the greater Bakersfield area, rural communities, correctional facilities and high schools using the following modalities: face-to-face, hybrid, online and/or interactive broadcasts These courses may include teaching at various locations, different times, and with different modalities.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in Medical Terminology and/or Lifespan Development, 1-2 days per week, afternoon and/or evenings, weekends, and/or large sized classes.
Other duties include: participating in student recruitment and articulation of programs for Allied Health; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; assessing student learning and program level outcomes; collegially participating in department, college, and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Possession of a valid credential, with authorizes the full-time teaching of at the California community college level;OR
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years relevant healthcare work experience;OR
- Any associate’s degree and six years relevant healthcare work experience work;OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must
submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Knowledge of, and commitment to the California Community College Mission, Vision, and Values
- Commitment to student learning.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning, and service to a diverse student population
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals.
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain subject matter currency.
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to adopt new technologies that support student success.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/13723
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency