Decision Support AnalystTUMG Financial Services
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Decision Support Analyst position is responsible for the development and analysis of encounter based reports including utilization trends, service line dashboards and special project analysis. This position works closely with executive level management, physicians and staff level positions to determine the need and scope of projects. An ideal candidate should have a good overall understanding of professional medical billing, in a financial or clinical setting, and possess computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint. A basic understanding of procedural coding (e.g. ICD9, CPT) and payer reimbursement is essential. Candidates must also be able to manage multiple projects, either individually or in a team setting, while attending to details or meeting deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years' database management systems experience
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields preferred: business administration, management, finance, accounting, computer science, or information systems technology
- Experience with GE Centricity (IDX) DBMS ad hoc reporting tool a plus
- Professional medical billing experience preferred