Assistant Director, Stewardship - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
The Assistant Director, Stewardship
Is an essential member of the Donor Relations team within the Georgetown Law Advancement Department
. S/he provides quality and timely stewardship to Law Center donors and is responsible for all aspects of scholarship, endowed, and current use fund stewardship, including annual reporting. This position is crucial in liaising between the Admissions, Financial Aid, Financial Affairs, Communications, Alumni Affairs, Development, the Dean's Office, and Central Campus Stewardship departments to monitor fund spending and reporting. In addition, the incumbent plans, executes, and supports stewardship events, including an annual celebration for scholarship donors and a student gratitude event (in coordination with the Law Annual Fund team). Reporting to the Director, Law Donor Relations and working within the Development Team in the Law Advancement Department, additional duties include, but are not limited to:Stewardship Processes
Stewardship Plan, Data Management, and Indirect Supervision
- Plan and execute annual scholarship reception, professorship/chair installations, and student gratitude events.
- Endow fund donor database, producing annual scholarship and other endowed funds reports.
- Draft fund profiles for donor review in conjunction with Major Gift Officers, soliciting and refining scholarship recipient profiles, updates, letters, and/or reports from professorship and chair holders.
- Solicit and review available fund balances for all endowed funds at the Law Center.
- Provide fund balance verification and donor preferences to Admissions and Financial Aid departments, as part of annual process of awarding scholarships; further supporting this process as needed.
- Facilitate ad hoc, in person stewardship opportunities between professorship and chair holders and their funds' donors.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Work in collaboration with the Director, other team members, and other departments as needed to develop and implement a comprehensive stewardship program that includes, but is not limited to, written acknowledgement of donors, donor impact pieces, and appropriate stewardship events/engagement opportunities.
- Provide endowed funds data management and reporting for members of the development team.
- Allocate projects to student and temporary employees as needed, and provide appropriate instructions and supervision
- Maintain accuracy of database, routinely updates/verifies donor contact and other pertinent information, and other duties as assigned.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of donor relations experience, preference for candidates with experience in higher education stewardship and donor relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work delicately with internal and external constituents
- Strong computer skills and aptitude for reporting and analyzing data
- Familiarity or current/previous affiliation with Association of Donor Relations Professionals (ADRP) and/or Donor Relations Guru
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Assistant-Director--Stewardship---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR08746
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency