Req ID: req9667 Position Title: Chief Operating Officer of Prairie One Solutions (Located in Stillwater, OK) Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: GS9562 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: COO Location Address:
Stillwater, Oklahoma, 74078
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate Work Schedule: Typically 5 days/week, 8 hours/day, some weekends and holidays Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: This position reports to the Center for Health Sciences campus in Tulsa, but will be directly located in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
This position will serve as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Prairie One Solutions (POS), providing leadership in all areas related to operations of POS's component units. Those units include the Public Health Laboratory, the Oklahoma Pandemic Center for Innovation and Excellence, and any additional components that emerge as part of POS. This leadership includes day to day operations, strategic planning, infrastructure and ongoing continuous improvement. The COO prepares and oversees the annual budget for the POS and component units; conducts management responsibilities over numerous direct and indirect reports. COO provides the primary innovation leadership to POS and component units by developing and expanding capabilities, facilities, new partnerships, and projects that advance the strategic plan and mission of the laboratory and the Oklahoma Pandemic Center for Innovation and Excellence.
Other duties include, but not limited to, maintaining data management and reporting systems, supports business regulatory compliance and risk/liability management, provides direct oversight to all office and lab areas, manages facilities, provides oversight and support in procurement, vendor management and expense allocation, controls expenses, consumables and inventory, supports unit budgeting exercises, and capital expenditure and costing.
In coordination with the CLIA Director and scientific partners, the COO plans and implements POS's innovation strategy, site expansion, and research and development objectives to ensure development of new revenue streams and expanded lab operations.
The COO will be responsible for developing client and scientific partner relationships for the purpose of expanding the positive impact of the PHL and OPCIE to the State, and growing revenues to enable further growth.
Personnel within the PHL will be handlinghazardous materials at times, with all appropriate safeguards. Working in suchan environment comes with some degree of exposure risk.
Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger,grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and perform repetitive motions with or withoutreasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.)
Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience
Required: Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in any related discipline
- At least seven (7)years of progressive operations and management experience, including experiencein project management
- Prior supervisoryexperience managing multiple direct reports
- Experience in leadingoperations within a multifaceted organization
- Experience in operatinga high-volume clinical laboratory, with high levels of demonstrated proficiency
- Experience in funddevelopment through public/private partnerships, federal grant funding programsand other avenues
Skills, Proficiencies, and Knowledge:
- Highly motivated and energetic with theability to work effectively in a high volume setting
- Strong leadership and people skills,with the demonstrated ability to build relationships withpeers, leaders within the organization, and C-Suite-level leadersof current and potential partner organizations
- Demonstrated ability to bring strongbusiness acumen and creativity to the management of PrairieOne Solutions (POS) and its component units, to include businessdevelopment and cost/benefit analysis
- Demonstrated ability to recruit,develop, and lead a high performing team and build and maintain apositive and energetic culture within an organization
-Excellent critical thinking ability andanalytical skills, with the ability to manage for results
- Strong communication skills; bothwritten and verbal
- Demonstrated skill in the area ofstrategic, budgeting and facility planning and implementation ofsaid plans
- High level of proficiency withlaboratory and clinical software, including laboratory informationmanagement systems and their interactions with electronic healthrecords systems
- Strong working knowledge of qualityassurance practices and Procedures
- Understanding of laboratory operations,and policies and procedures
- Demonstratedability to build programs from concept through successful implementation
- Direct experience in building/developing ahigh-volume clinical laboratory from the ground up
- Current relationships with keylaboratory equipment suppliers, client groups, and potential corporateand scientific partners to thelab
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.