06-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Director, Head Start and Early Head Start in the Department of Family and Consumer Science.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for directing the University's Head Start and Early Head Start programs. This position reports to the Department Chair. This position has direct supervision over the Assistant Head Start & Early Head Start Director as well as content area managers and coordinators per the program. This position will work closely with the Department Chair on specific guidelines relating to federal and state Head Start program regulations, relevant fiscal regulations, Head Start performance standards, child care nutrition standards, Georgia Department of Early Learning regulations, and department and university policies and procedures accordingly.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff; ensures programs achieve high standards of quality and compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Ensures program compliance with funding requirements and mandates.
- Attends all regular and special meetings and prepares written reports regarding the fiscal and programmatic status of programs.
- Hires, directs, supervises, evaluates, and handles disciplinary issues with staff.
- Leads annual self-assessment, community assessment, and grant application processes.
- Works with teachers and staff to develop and implement curriculum; reviews current curriculum and introduces changes based on performance data and other factors.
- Coordinates the implementation of staff training and professional development.
- Develops and monitors budgets, including grant funds.
- Evaluates student achievement and progress; maintains related data.
- Develops long- and short-term plans, including plans that ensure the future sustainability of the program.
- Ensures that classrooms and playgrounds are well equipped.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of early childhood education principles.
- Knowledge of curriculum development and review principles.
- Knowledge of Head Start program regulations and performance standards.
- Knowledge of budget and grant management principles.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of staff development principles.
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Master's degree in a related field and experience in financial and administrative management.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in supervision of staff.
- More than five (5) years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com