Diverse Faculty Fellow (Temp FT 10 month, with benefits)
Position Title: Diverse Faculty Fellow (Temp FT 10 month, with benefits)Department:
To Be DeterminedCampus
: To Be DeterminedAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. This 2-year appointment is a full-time, 10 month position with benefits. Successful candidates are assigned a mentor and are eligible for consideration of a 2-year renewal. Fellows are eligible to apply for permanent appointments that post during the program. Fellows teach in a discipline offered by the College for which they meet the minimum hiring criteria. This is a link to the faculty minimum hiring criteria document please click here
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.Salary Grade:
Per ContractJob Category:
Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic AdvisorEmployment Type:
Job Slot: 3Y60Job Open Date:
5/28/2021Job Close Date: General Summary:
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development. The Fellows program has the additional responsibility of engagement in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives of the college. Requirements:
Applicants must meet the minimum hiring criteria of an academic discipline at the college. Applicants are expected to use best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.Duties:
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in the required professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline, the program and/or activities that promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
8. Collaborate in the development of DEI, program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's mission and goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=868
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency