Psychology Instructor (Part-time Adjunct Pool)
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 academic years.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide a full range of Psychology Instruction in the Social Science division.
This assignment may include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s in Psychology;OR
• Bachelor’s in Psychology AND
• Master’s in Counseling, Sociology, Statistics, Neuroscience, or Social Work;OR
• - Possession of a valid credential with authorizes full-time teaching of Psychology at the California Community College level; OR
• The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions.
Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.AND
• A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.Note:
Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service. Note:
The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
• Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
• Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities;
• Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to maintain subject matter currency;
• Ability to assess student learning outcomes;
• Knowledge of computers and willingness to adopt new technologies that support student success. Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College mission.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to provide leadership in program and college initiatives.
• Ability and willingness to participate effectively in college committee work and in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities that support students and the college.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
- Philosophy of Teaching
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12382
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency