Counselor -Dual Enrollment (COF) Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 academic years.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide a full range of counseling services in the Dual Enrollment division.
This assignment may include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience:
Master’s in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling,OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.)AND
- A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide educational counseling and advisement, career counseling, and testing services to students on site and online.
- Assist in Career and Transfer Center activities.
- Maintain individual records on counselees.
- Develop and conduct workshops relevant to student success.
- Provide matriculation services for students and track potential graduates.
- Participate in retention and outreach efforts.
- Complete unofficial transcript evaluation.
- Identify special student needs
- Participate in recruiting and articulation activities with local schools, other community college, four-year colleges, community agencies and employers.
- Teach counseling or personal development classes.
- Serve on college-wide committees.
- Serve as liaison to community agencies and local employers.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrate versatility in instructional methodology and technology and the ability to serve diverse student populations.
- Plan, develop, and implement course curricula including curricula to be delivered via distance learning.
- Update course materials and course outlines of record.
- Develop, maintain, and assess student learning outcomes.
- Maintain a current syllabus and provide current course orientation materials for each assigned course.
- Post and maintain scheduled office hours.
- Attend and actively contribute to meetings or activities pertinent to faculty responsibilities or assignments including but not limited to department meetings, advisory committee meetings, and academic senate.
- Use media aids, the library, and other resources as appropriate.
- Maintain currency in subject matter and developments in the field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Community college counseling experience.
- Experience in a leadership capacity.
- An Understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing a quality counseling program in a rural community college with multiple sites.
- Experience working with CTE Programs and students and with the development of Career Pathways.
- Ability to work with students having a wide range of skills, motivation, and academic or occupational goals.
- Experience with outreach to K-12, community and business partners.
- Ability and experience in using computer technology as a counseling/advising tool.
- Experience with or interest in online and other distance learning student services.
- Ability to assist students in establishing goals and appropriate educational plans.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching personal development, counseling and other related areas.
- Experience in developing new courses.
- Commitment to maintain currency in the discipline, including use of advanced technologies like instructional television.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively with community support groups, college committees, and other campus organizations and to be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges for developing a quality program in the humanities and social sciences at a rural community college.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to deliver instruction using strategies designed for diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to design goals and assess learning outcomes.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12448
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency