Counselor - Access Program, Part-time Adjunct Pool (Mammoth/Bishop)
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Rate may vary based on type of assignment and Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only
This position is entitled to ACA health benefits.
Cerro Coso College
The successful applicant will be expected to provide a full range of counseling/instructional services at the Bishop and Mammoth Lake Campuses. This assignment may include counseling services at other campus sites or on-line for on-line students.Other duties include:
Participation in student recruitment and articulation; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, or the equivalent.
EOPS counselors hired after October 24, 1987, shall:
(1) Have completed a minimum of nine semester units of college course work predominately relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social, or economic disadvantages;
(2) Have completed six semester unites or the equivalent of a college-level counseling practicum or counseling field-work courses in a community college EOPS program, or in a program dealing predominately with ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social, or economic disadvantages:
In addition, an EOPS counselor hired after October 24, 1987, shall have two years of occupational experience in work relating to ethnic minorities or persons handicapped by language, social, or economic disadvantages.
Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling: OR counseling, guidance counseling, student personnel, clinical or counseling psychology, education counseling, social work, career development, “marriage and family therapy” or “marriage, family and child counseling”; AND
• 15 or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically related to people with disabilities.
• OR completion of six semester units, or the equivalent of a graduate-level counseling practicum or counseling field-work courses in a post-secondary DSPS program or in a program dealing predominately or exclusively with people with disabilities;
• OR two years of full-time experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following :
o Counseling students with disabilities;
o OR counseling in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominately or exclusively for persons with disabilities; or the equivalent.
*NOTE: A bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees and a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist is an alternative to this discipline.
-A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the Cerro Coso Community College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
• Current resume
• Copies of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12360
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency