Facilities Electrician - Short-term Temporary Hourly assignment, as needed
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
flexible, as needed
$27.95 per hour
This position is eligible for ACA benefits.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of skilled journey level duties related to the installation, maintenance, replacement and repair of electrical systems and equipment at an assigned campus location; assist maintenance staff with HVAC repairs.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by specialized training in electrical and/or electronic technology and four years of journey level experience in the installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment, systems and components.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance and repair work involving utility systems, lighting systems and street, sidewalk and parking lot lights.
- Repair and replace defective or worn electrical parts I motors, generators, light fixtures, pumps, telemetry equipment, controllers, switches, plugs, lighting ballast, and related equipment.
- Inspect electrical equipment and lighting; test, locate and repair damaged electrical circuitry.
- Repair and install clock system; monitor campus electrical distribution centers.
- Maintain records of work performed, materials used, and associated costs. Make routine and emergency purchases as authorized and required; design and revise electrical systems.
- Assist in installing and repairing cathodic protection for underground pipes; repair and install underground electrical conduit systems.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Methods, practices, equipment and tools used in the repair of electrical and mechanical devices.
- Principles and practices of the repair of street lights.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Safe work practices.
- Repair and replace electrical systems and equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, sketches and drawings.
- Maintain work records.
- Work independently in absence of supervision.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12278
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency