Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer - Part-time Adjunct
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Rate may vary based on type of assignment and Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This is an adjunct, part-time coaching Physical Education and Athletics - assistant coach, women's socceer.
This assignment includes coaching and teaching a variety of women's soccer courses to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities.
This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays.
Education and Experience:
Any bachelor’s degree AND
two years of coaching experienceOR
- Any associate degree AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic,cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Ability to plan and direct the recruitment, conditioning, training, practice, eligibility and behavioral conduct of athletes in their program.
- Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop, and promote an intercollegiate sports program.
- Evidence of continual professional involvement.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing and maintaining a quality women’s intercollegiate program in a rural community college.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to develop and maintain working relationships with teachers at local high schools in contiguous districts to facilitate recruiting.
- Willingness to work with students having a wide range of skills, motivation, and academic or occupational goals.
- Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population.
- Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e. COA/CCCAA, CVC, NCAA.
- Willingness to promote Cerro Coso Community College through community service and outreach within the local community.
- Ability and willingness to develop appropriate fundraising activities to support the intercollegiate sports program.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12378
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts, showing degree conferred
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency