Assessment Assistant - Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
$17.66 per hour
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, plan, organize and coordinate student assessment testing activities; administer, score and record standardized group academic achievement tests at various District locations; explain test procedures and appropriate policies and regulations.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree and three years of experience in test administration.LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Test administration and scoring.
- Procedures followed in the administration, scoring, recording and reporting of standardized test results.
- Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic budgeting practices.
- Plan, organize and coordinate student assessment programs and activities.
- Administer, score and record testing information.
- Interpret, apply and explain District assessment policies and procedures.
- Interpret, apply and explain laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Maintain records and files.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate a variety of office equipment.
- Operate a computer to enter data and generate reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Assist in budget preparation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/12244
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency