The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 33 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Ritchie Center Production Technician is responsible for all facets of multi-camera productions (in-game entertainment, webcasts, broadcasts and commercial events), including but not limited to setting up and troubleshooting equipment, pre-producing video, graphic and audio content, supervising part-time staff, logging and archiving video content. The Ritchie Center Production Technician must be proficient with video switchers and routers, audio consoles, camera systems, video servers, display controllers, intercom systems, lighting equipment, graphic systems, and editing/archiving systems.
- Technical Production Operations
- Production of Events
- People and Resource Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Problem Solving - Solution Driven: Quantitative and qualitative reasoning is necessary. Creative problem solving and the ability to exercise good decision making under pressure. Ability to learn from introspection and reflection.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability to comprehend complex video, audio, scoring and display systems. Includes operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing individual components of the same systems.
- Prioritize Needs: Ability to prioritize a high volume of work and perform efficiently. Makes independent decisions and works on multiple tasks without direct supervision.
- Work Environment: The work environment is professional/technical. Must be able to tolerate frequent, unexpected interruptions. Stress level is moderate to high. Hours are non-traditional, including evenings and weekends, often with quick turnarounds between late nights and early mornings.
- Communication - Verbal & Written: Ability to interpret documents such as business journals and technical documentation and apply that knowledge. Ability to effectively present complex ideas to clients, colleagues and general public through personal interaction and/or business correspondence.
- Organizational Skills: Attention to detail, customer service skills, strong organizational skills and technical aptitude. Also, requires the ability to comprehend complex organizational structure and the units place within.
- Physical Demands: Ability to walk and stand for long hours. Work for extended periods of time in large crowds, often in loud environments. Ability to move about, climb stairs and ladders, access heights (such as catwalks), and lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Compliance Knowledge: Knowledge of sport rules, regulations and processes of University, Division, conference affiliation, and NCAA. Venue process and procedures. Recreation association guidelines associated with club sports or memberships.
- Management: Ability to lead student and part-time employees effectively and efficiently.
- Positive Attitude & Pioneer Spirit (demonstrate initiative, pave new paths forward, lead others).
- Associate's degree, vocational or technical school degree (approximately 2 years).
- One year of experience in the field.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of experience in the field.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The position will be required to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, nights, and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, July 19, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $41,000 - $51,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.