Job DetailsJob Location Oglethorpe University - Atlanta, GAPosition Type Full-Time StaffEducation Level Master'sJob Category Education Oglethorpe University, a nationally ranked private liberal arts and sciences university in Atlanta, GA, seeks a collaborative, motivated, and hands-on leader to serve as Vice President for Student Affairs. Enrollment numbers continue to climb with exceptionally talented and diverse students making Oglethorpe poised to grow in ranking and impact, capitalizing off the well-established, distinctive, liberal arts and sciences education. Working in partnership with other campus leaders and the vibrant university community, the Vice President for Student Affairs will play a vital role in advancing the Universitys commitment to student success by leading, evaluating, and maintaining a comprehensive portfolio of experiences for all 1,500 undergraduate students. Reporting to the Vice President are the Directors of Athletics, Career Development, and University Counseling Center, as well as the Dean of Students. It is expected that the Vice President serve as a campus liaison on issues concerning nonacademic student matters such as health and wellness, safety, crisis response, internships, etc. to faculty, students, staff, parents, families, alumni, Board of Trustees, and community partners. As a member the Presidents senior administrative leadership team and reporting directly to the President, the Vice President will partner with key internal and external stakeholders in shaping the future of the University and driving the accomplishment of the strategic plan. In doing so, the Vice President will be expected to address the following opportunities and challenges:
- Lead efforts to deliver on the promise of a distinctive student experience resulting in enhanced student success, particularly in the area of internship and community partner enhancement and development.
- Advance the Universitys commitment to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus community.
- Collaborate on innovative ways to enrich the Universitys infrastructure.
- Develop and promote experiential and interdisciplinary initiatives that complement the Universitys commitment to academic excellence.
- Further develop the campus life team to reflect a culture of empathy, transparency, trust, and accountability.
With a focus on growth and innovation, Oglethorpe is embarking on a journey to revitalize its identity as a leading-edge liberal arts and sciences institution that leverages a student-centered approach, actively promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion, and has equitable systems that support a culture of accountability and innovation. The Vice President for Student Affairs joins Oglethorpe at a moment of potential and will have an opportunity to build more distinction in co-curricular efforts and contribute to student and, ultimately, alumni success. Required Qualifications and Skills
- Masters Degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs, or a related field from an accredited University. Doctorate or terminal degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years progressive leadership and supervisory experience in higher education, including involvement with residence life, student wellness, counseling, career development and internship development, student success, and Title IX.
- Demonstrated achievement in working effectively with diverse student populations.
- A successful leadership record including resource and personnel management, crisis leadership, program development and evaluation, and data-informed decision making.
- Proven executive leadership including strategic planning, sustained collaborations, innovation and creativity, flexibility, and providing proactive, actionable solutions.
- Knowledge of trends, laws, literature, and research relevant to higher education administration and student affairs.
- Exceptional communication (written, verbal, and digital) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment, discretion, diplomacy, objectivity, and integrity.
To ensure full consideration, please submit:
- Letter of interest which describes your approach to student affairs, leadership experience, and commitment to DEI.
- Current CV/resume.
Application screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is closed. To guarantee consideration, materials should be submitted by July 16, 20201.