: July 1, 2021Title
: Part-Time Nursing Learning and Technology Lab Specialist
Description: Under the supervision of the Chair of the Nursing Department, the Learning and Technology Lab Specialist is responsible for maintaining the Department of Nursing’s learning lab as an optimal learning environment. Additionally, the Specialist assists the nursing faculty with the direction and validation of nursing students’ clinical skills, the review of learning resource materials, and assisting nursing students in their preparation for clinical experiences. The Specialist is responsible for the facilitation of classroom/clinical/laboratory learning experiences as needed, providing assistance to students and faculty with distance learning and simulation technology needs, and provides oversight to student employees. This position also entails communication between other college departments, vendors, agencies, consultants, and others as indicated.Responsibilities will include
Working in conjunction with work-study students and/or faculty to prepare the lab for lab related activities such as, skills practice, simulations, videotaping, certifications, and learning experiences.Working in conjunction with work study students to assist students with clinical preparation, videotaping, remediation, and skills validation in the lab days, evening, and rotating weekendsAssisting with distance learning and curricular technology needs of students and facultyAdministration of the nursing lab including, but not limited to purchasing, supervising student employees, monitoring resources, and conducting annual inventory of equipment and suppliesServing as faculty for laboratory and clinical courses as neededProviding academic advising to assigned students (available 2 hours per week) during the regular academic year; meet with prospective students (post-secondary students, internal and external transfers) as necessary
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations
- As a representative of the College, expected to comport him/herself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
- Participate in major campus events, including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Maintain good customer service standards
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Registered Professional Nurse with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or willingness to pursue (Master’s Degree is preferred) from an accredited college or university; with 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience. Individuals without an earned Master’s Degree in nursing will be encouraged to demonstrate progress towards degree completion.
Current license as Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York and current certification in Basic Life Support is required.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of employment.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills including the ability to work collaboratively with students and faculty
- Current knowledge of the rules and regulations of the New York State Department’s of Health and Education is required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft software (Office, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of AV equipment, curricular knowledge and simulation technology
- Knowledge of D2L and other computer applications is important
- Experience working in an academic environment or with nursing students a plus
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.” Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders – what you do at Hartwick really matters.Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.