The University of Maryland, Baltimore’s (UMB) Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science (PTRS) within the School of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an Academic Services Program Support Specialist
in the Clinical Education Office for the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) academic program. The Specialist will perform variety of routine professional and analytical assignments involving the practical application of management principles and techniques to operational activities in support of the Clinical Education Office, Doctor of Physical Therapy program in the PTRS department. This position is responsible for assisting in organizing and maintaining the operational functions of the department, and to serve as a resource for students, faculty and staff by assisting with coordinating clinical education academic activities, programs and seminars.UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.Primary Duties:
Responsible for managing all PTRS student clinical education requirement information to ensure compliance and maintaining regular and frequent communication with all PTRS students and clinical sites about clinical education requirements. Assists with the management of the clinical site contract process and liability insurance. Actively engages in clinical education internal and external communications with major stakeholders (PTRS faculty, staff, students, clinical partners, alumni etc.) to support all clinical education operations including but not limited to: follow-up on communications with directors and administration, maintain virtual and real calendars, record meeting minutes, establishing effective communication channels, and acting as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution. Create online surveys (e.g. SurveyMonkey, MS Forms, Qualtrics) to prepare and collect data from sites/students/Clinical Instructors, etc. Assist with blackboard management: managing and maintaining checklist items for documents in clinical education blocks. Act as a resource/liaison with software/hardware support (PTRS IT Office staff, webCPI staff, students, and faculty). General administrative duties such as phone coverage, dissemination of information, maintenance of supplies, record meeting minutes, maintain calendars, etc. Post job descriptions for PTRS clinical partners upon request that is shared on PTRS approved social media groups. Create and manage alumni data in order to share and promote all PTRS events. Other duties as assigned.
- Provide general planning to develop and facilitate the day-to-day activities and events of the clinical education office in the DPT program.
- Coordinate full administrative and operational activities of an Physical Therapy program, with interrelated activities of other programs, departments, or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain efficient and accurate databases (ex: Excel) used to collect, analyze, monitor, and evaluate program operating policies and procedures as appropriate to the position.
- Prepares, populates, supports, and maintains Clinical Education data via webCPI, CORE ELMS, Blackboard, and other learning management systems. Prepare data reports including various types of statistical tables, charts, graphs, and corresponding narrative. Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of reports.
- Consults with directors regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs following specific instructions.
- Prepares and analyzes Clinical Education outcomes assessment data to provide to directors including but not limited to the following: collecting and inputting data into database: student evaluations, student-site evaluations, clinical instructor data, CAPTE data.
- Manage and coordinate all clinical education internal and external events such as annual PTRS Job Fair, CEU courses, Alumni of the Year event, and Clinical Education annual advisory meeting.
- Manage communications, marketing, registration, and completion of all CEU events.
- Design programs and flyers to support clinical education events.
- Work with IT to enhance virtual delivery of CEU courses for all clinical partners.
: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.Experience
: Three (3) years of administration of a program, preferably in higher education or healthcare setting. Prior experience in student or academic affairs department preferred. May consider a combination of directly related experience and education. High level of Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Forms, Teams), SurveyMonkey, and Eventbrite. Ability to be proficient using the following Blackboard, Constant Contact, Web CPI, and CORE ELMS.Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Ability to work independently and problem-solve with minimal supervision with skill in exercising initiative and resourcefulness.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in a professional manner, both orally and in writing with a variety of people internal and external to the organization.
• Ability to assist with the design and implementation of systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
• Ability to use statistical computer software.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excels as a team player.
• Willingness to manage multiple tasks at once and adhere to guidelines and deadlines.
• Highly skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to analyze statistical data and generate reports in an organized manner.
• Ability to succeed in a busy, fast-paced environment. Hiring Range:
$56,000 - $65,000. Commensurate with education and experience.UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - Physical TherapyJob Posting:
Aug 9, 2021Unposting Date:
Aug 23, 2021, 10:59:00 PM