This position is responsible for directing the college’s student admissions functions.
- Knowledge of best practices in college admissions and recruitment.
- Knowledge of USG and Gordon State College policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act guidelines.
- Knowledge of budget development and management principles.
- Skill in delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in supervising the work of personnel and departments.
- Skill in relationships and team building.
The Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include the University System of Georgia Academic and Student Affairs Handbook, the Board of Regents Policy Manual, and Gordon State College academic catalog, and Admissions Office policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied duties in directing the college’s admissions functions. Strict regulations and the need for accuracy contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to direct the admissions functions of Gordon State College. Success in this position contributes to the success of all college operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, applicants, parents, high school counselors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to justify, defend or settle matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over Senior Admissions Counselor (1), Admissions Counselor (2), Admissions Specialist (2), Communications & Recruitment Specialist (1), Admissions Assistant (1), Welcome Center Representative (1), and Admissions Call Center Customer Service Representative.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.