Applications are being accepted for two full-time eLearning Instructional Designers on our Fond du Lac Campus. These positions will support the College’s efforts to improve teaching and learning by assuring quality standards are upheld in the design, development, delivery, revision, and documentation of curriculum. Collaboration with Faculty, Deans/Associate Deans, Curriculum Coordinator, Instructional Technologists, and other business partners is essential.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial review of applicants will take place July 16, 2021.
This is a limited term position funded by the American Rescue Plan Act. Funding for this position has been approved through May 31, 2022; the position could be extended for additional months if additional funding is granted in the future.
1. Assist faculty in developing appropriate and effective course outcomes, content, activities, and assessment strategies in the context of performance-based instruction.
2. Design and create engaging, effective e-learning courses. This includes creating SCORM content; building quizzes and interactivity; testing of courses prior to their release; maintenance and refreshing of content in existing e-learning courses.
3. Develop instructional content for deployment within the college’s learning management system.
4. Provide consultation and expertise to faculty and staff in support of instruction.
5. Manage multiple projects, using strong organization and communication skills.
6. Work with other campus departments to establish and maintain consistent teaching and learning standards and messaging across the institution.
7. Establish and support consistent instructional design methodology and pedagogical support for faculty.
8. Provide training and support to faculty for pedagogy, course and program design, assessment, learning management system usage, and accessibility standards per the American with Disabilities Act within the context of performance-based learning in all delivery formats.
9. Research emerging instructional strategies and maintain current knowledge of best practice in instructional design.
10. Support Curriculum Department in the completion of special projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field. Master’s degree in Instructional Design or Educational Technology preferred.
2. Two years of work experience in a related field including, but not limited to teaching, virtual education, and/or academic assessment. Prior experience with accessibility, curriculum design and learning management systems preferred.
3. Any combination of equivalent training and experience which provides desired knowledge, skills, and abilities. 4. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and/or Power Point), the internet, and strong computer aptitude.
5. Proficient in developing instruction within learning management systems (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, etc.).
6. Demonstrated knowledge and application of learning theories, instructional design, accessibility, and appropriate use of instructional technologies.
7. Knowledge of accessibility and copyright guidelines, compliance, and regulations preferred.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
9. Demonstrated ability to lead or facilitate professional development or employee training and public speaking.
10. Strong problem-solving skills to include accuracy and attention to detail. Must demonstrate ability to capture essential issues, suggest solutions, and provide research and follow-through.
11. Willingness to take initiative, work independently with little supervision and make decisions with minimum direction. Must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize special projects with routine assignments.
12. Ability to adapt to changes and interruptions in daily work.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program