Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking a part-time Costume Library Manager, who will oversee both the Nebraska Wesleyan University costumes and props libraries and coordinate efforts to make the costumes and props are available to internal and external customers and patrons. The successful incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Manager of Theatre Operations and in coordination with the Theater Department Chair.
This part-time position will be scheduled to work 19 hours per week during the calendar year which will include afternoons, evenings, and some weekend hours. This position is eligible to contribute to the NWU Retirement Plan and will receive pro-rated holiday pay, vacation pay, and tuition remission benefits.
- Organize, improve, and maintain the items held in the Costume Library, including props.
- Facilitate consistent hours for the public and for students.
- Track costumes that have been checked out and returned.
- Properly clean garments before restocking.
- Provide invoices and track payments.
- Develop relationships with high school and other theatrical directors and customers.
- Pull costumes for external customers.
- Assist students with pulling costumes for student directed projects.
- Create an environment that supports learning and creative problem solving.
- Coordinates needs with NWU productions, so resources are available as needed.
- Make appropriate decisions regarding when to discard pieces that are no longer suitable.
- Receive and acknowledge donations.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Sufficient cashiering/point of sale knowledge to record financial transactions (e.g., monetary payments, deposits, and credit card processing).
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and success in working with a variety of persons that will build strong relationships with various customers.
- Demonstrate how you can address customers’ needs and ensure a good experience through a “positive customer-service” attitude.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible.
- Must be able to multitask and manage several projects going on at the same time.
- Ability to coach, develop, schedule and supervise student-workers while coordinating projects using student help.
- Interest in costume and vintage clothing, basic sewing skills, and knowledge of theatre and operational requirements is a plus.
- Ability to climb ladders, work while standing, and lift up to 50 lbs.
SalaryDOE/QCommitment to Diversity
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.