The Office of University Controller (OUC) is responsible for managing the university’s system of record – the Financial System – and its interfaces with purchasing, payables, human resources, and other subsystems, including the Cognos Reporting System. It works closely with the campus controllers, the state controller, and the state auditor’s office to ensure that fiscal practices comply with external and internal rules and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. The OUC communicates fiscal policies and procedures to the university community through its news blog, website, and training programs, and provides direct assistance to faculty, staff, and other individuals through the Finance & Procurement Help Desk. The office also administers a Continuing Professional Education program and the CU Innovation & Efficiency (CU I&E) employee recognition program.Position Summary:
The Senior PeopleSoft Finance Systems Analyst works with a team of analysts that are responsible for providing first and second line support to all of the business users of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials suite. This includes General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Asset Management; as well as subsystems interfaces including PeopleSoft human capital management (HCM) system, PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Concur Travel and Expense, and Jaggaer e-Procurement. The Senior PeopleSoft Finance Systems Analyst also serves as a campus liaison between University Information Services and campuses to support business operations, satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support the application. This position reports to the Director of Financial and Reporting Systems and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff. Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Who we are:
- Manage user support requests using appropriate systems and processes and ensure timely resolution, tracking, and monitoring.
- Provide first line (level 1) support for PeopleSoft Financials applications, including logging, triaging, conducting initial diagnosis, and first line resolution
- Where feasible, provide level 2 support, investigation, and resolution
- Identify recurring issues, conduct root cause analyses, and provide metrics as required.
- Partner with Finance and information technology (IT) personnel to support business operations to satisfy inquiries, resolve issues, and support applications.
- Modify or develop new PeopleSoft Queries or structured query language (SQL) queries
- Help all business users achieve maximum utilization of the PeopleSoft system capabilities to achieve process improvements, identifying and communication opportunities for automation.
- Produce necessary system, process, and testing documentation.
- Support PeopleSoft financial system upgrade and patch initiatives.
- Design and configure new features in the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade release to maximize capabilities of work centers and portals.
- Provide user support and prepare technical and functional system documentation as needed.
- Undertake project-based duties in the IT system implementation lifecycle such as analysis and testing.
- Create functional requirements as an input to application design.
- Assist with subsystem accounting and reconciliation with reporting.
- Assist with General Ledger month-end closings, year-end closings, allocation processing, and overall troubleshooting.
- Foster teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensures project integration by communicating activities to supervisors, appropriate project team members, and business users.
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver, with the ability to work remotely. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
.The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage
for more information.What we offer:Salary:
The salary range has been established at $85,000 - $90,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organization skills, including with both business users and technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to complete thorough and accurate research and appropriately apply to projects assigned
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and project management skills
QualificationsMinimum Requirements:Please ensure your resume includes any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against these qualifications. You must meet all minimum requirements listed at the time of application to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in IT, Accounting, or Finance (education requirement may be substituted by professional experience).
- Three (3) years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support, business, or systems analyst role which must include:
- Experience in three (3) or more of the following PeopleSoft Finance 9.x modules:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Asset Management
- Project Costing
- Cash Management
- Three (3) years of expertise in PeopleSoft 9.x General Ledger.
- Two (2) years of previous experience utilizing SQL and PeopleSoft Query.
- Experience developing effective testing scripts.
- Five (5) years of experience in a PeopleSoft production support, business, or systems analyst role, as indicated above.
- Two (2) years of experience with project management.
- Three (3) years of experience using Application Designer for troubleshooting, tracing data tables created from transactions, and writing pseudocode for design specifications
- Experience with PeopleSoft nVision.
- Experience with BI Publisher or HTML reports, especially invoice formats.
- Prior work experience in the State of Colorado, college or university, or oversight agency.
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Jul 16, 2021Unposting Date: