University Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others. The Senior CRM Data Architect oversees data architecture primarily for the University’s Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) instances that are part of our Transformation and Innovation Program (TIP). This position plays a key role in mapping and implementing data transformations from PeopleSoft and other enterprise system schemas into Salesforce’s Education Data Architecture (EDA). In addition to this, this position is involved in data aggregation, warehousing, integration, and archiving of data for our Salesforce domains. The Senior CRM Data Architect often operates as an internal consultant to assist project technical and functional leads in design, approach, and tool selection for data-oriented projects.The Senior CRM Data Architect reports to the Manager of Enterprise Data Architecture and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.Duties and Responsibilities: Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to: Primary Responsibilities:
- Creates, maintains, and extends canonical data models across multiple Salesforce domains at the University.
- Works and coordinates with stakeholders both within and without UIS to negotiate data architecture outcomes that satisfy customer needs and support CU’s long-term business goals.
- Defines and enables a technology solution selection framework, including the framework principles such as modularization, standardization, a reuse of technologies.
- Makes recommendations on integrations strategies, platforms, and application infrastructure required to implement solutions.
- Develops metrics to measure data quality
- Manages end to end data analysis, modeling, and development
- Develops conceptual, logical, and physical data models; design data access layer specifications and communicate design for implementation.
- Acts as an expert in the issues and benefits that arise at the confluence of enterprise data, including data from student systems, HR systems, finance/grants systems, advancement operations, and University-wide CRM systems as it relates to our implementation of Salesforce.
- Designs and leads a multi-year CRM architecture roadmap, balancing short and long term goals and investments to scale and deliver our solutions globally and fulfill the organization's high-level reporting & analytics needs.
- Makes recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Builds out the company's CRM architecture framework for making data accessible to all roles at CU System Administration
- Integrates new data sources into CU System Administration's data infrastructure as the company iterates its toolsets
- Assist in the development of the CU's data governance policies
- Leads the development of data dictionaries and diagrams for CU stakeholders
- Manage and montior requests to internal engineering teams for production data improvements and requests to internal tool admins for process improvements to generate better data
- Acts as the go-to source for data architecture knowledge throughout the CU System AdministrationCreates Salesforce data models that support Salesforce instances and meets with end users to understand requirements
- Researches source systems to find data to build the data mart
- Models data to line up with Salesforce application objects
- Collaborates with the integrations team to create integrations to and from the source and target systems
- Creates views to support Salesforce objects
- Designs a data mart from scratch, including:
- Works with end users on requirements
- Understands the data that exists in the course systems
- Creates a data model of facts and dimensions in this mart
- Tests the data mart
- Works with data stage team to find out how to load data
- Creates designs and documentations for the data mart
- Works with end users to create queries to use and view data
Who we are:
- Executes proof-of-concept or innovation oriented technical efforts and projects to evaluate options, prove out the viability of new technologies or approaches, and the ability to articulate outcome to UIS and campus constituents.
- Consults with campuses on any business glossary/data definitions work.
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position has the ability to work remotely. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses, but System Administration is not considered a campus. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty. Learn more about CU System Administration
.The University of Colorado has been proactive in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit our COVID-19 webpage
for more information.What we offer:Salary:
The anticipated hiring salary range has been established at $84,400 - $104,200.The market salary range for this position is $84,400 - $104,200.The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or anticipated hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Benefits:
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator
to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.Additional taxable fringe benefits may be available.More information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/
.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture.
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis, find patterns, and coalesce different data sources.
- Knowledge of the business and organizational structure of CU
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work with others from different areas and backgrounds to reach a common goal
- Computer skills, including the ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and learn and experiment with new software and systems
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others
- Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the abiligy to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details accurately and clearly
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple concurrent and competing tasks and responsibilities, and adapt to changing priorities while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and stay on task when completing special projects and daily assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and reliable professional judgement, as well as collaboratively with a team to achieve desired results
- Ability to maintain a strong work ethic, positive problem-solving attitude, and enthusiasm for the work performed
- Ability to self-start and take initiative in completing daily tasks and special projects
- Ability to focus on activities that have the greatest impact on meeting work commitments
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and ages
- Ability to navigate a complex political environment
- Knowledge of information technology service management (ITSM) principles and best practices
- Knowledge of common computer operating systems
- Knowledge of computer networking fundamentals
- Technical computer skills, including the ability to assess complex data, utilize common operating systems, learn new software programs, and understand programming languages
- Computer programming skills, including the ability to evaluate and solve problems, stay organized, be cognizant of and address details, and utilize common programming languages (e.g. SQL, Java, C++, Python, etc.)
- Ability to collect and document business needs and translate the information collected into technical specifications
- Ability to write technical documentation and specifications with the intention that it be easily understandable to the target audience
- Ability to translate and explain technical concepts and vocabulary in common terms to non-technical audiences
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to prepare reports and briefings that can be understood by a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree from and accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Four (4) years’ database development and administration experience, which includes the following:
- Experience leveraging delivered database schemas to achieve business goals with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with Oracle Databases, writing queries, working with views, etc.
- Six (6) years’ database development and administration experience, as indicated above.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Working in higher education
- Integration architectures
- Data analysis
- Data quality and modeling tools
- Building and administering data marts
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Jun 30, 2021Unposting Date: