Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Student Accounts Representative. The Student Accounts Representative is responsible for processing and recording payments, deposits, refunds, and cash advances, as well as maintaining an accurate cash drawer. This position also monitors student accounts and takes appropriate measures to ensure proper billing is processed. This is a full-time position which requires strong customer service and problem-solving abilities, along with a solid understanding of cash handling/management procedures and overall knowledge of all other support functions in the Student Accounts Office.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Professionally and accurately answer telephone and in-person inquiries from students, parents and college personnel about all activity handled by the Student Accounts Office in accordance with departmental and institutional policies and Resolve matters that are within scope of authority. (Examples; payment due dates, payment amount due, late fees, etc.) Escalate within chain-of-command matters that are outside of scope of authority. (Example; "custom" payment plan that is not the standard 4 payments).
- As one of the primary "faces" of the College, handle interactions in a cheerful and helpful manner, whether with students, parents, faculty, staff,
Student Accounts Related Duties
- Process and distribute student account billing statements and
- Answer student questions/inquiries with a strong emphasis on customer relations and problem resolution.
- Review, research and monitor student accounts activity for errors or exceptions, to ensure billing accuracy.
- Respond to account inquiries and other questions regarding any related accounting and student record system
- Record tuition payments so they appear correctly on the student account in
- Prepare student account refund
- Support Student Accounts Manager and have an overall knowledge of all office functions and available for cross-training, overtime hours, and changes of schedule when needed to cover Student Accounts Office staffing
- Prepare, manage and manipulate reports and large
Cash Management Related Duties
- Maintain and balance cash drawer in order to provide cash services for students and college personnel, i.e., cashing personal checks and making appropriate
- Prepare deposits for cash payments received by the Student Accounts
- Batch and electronically deposit checks
- Receive, review and process deposits prepared by other
- Record deposits in Cash Receipts module of Financial Edge
- Disburse cash advances to college employees, and process return of unused advance
- Daily cash
Other qualifications include strong customer service orientation, ability to handle sensitive information, solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, good computer skills and general understanding of Financial Aid. Knowledge of CAMS (Student Accounts) and Blackbaud Financial Edge (financial reporting) database software a plus. Strong aptitude or facility with numerical data, as well as attention to detail is essential for this position. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentiles.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with one (1) year of related previous customer service and accounts receivable/payable/cashiering or similar experience.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE