Academic Support Programs Austin, TX, USA Full TimeEmail Me This Job
12 Month Academic Success Coach
Academic Counseling and Support Programs
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Academic Success Coach. Academic Success Coaches currently serve all first-year students, either freshmen or transfer students. In subsequent years, Success Coaches will work with all undergraduate students. As a member of a larger staff, the Success Coach supports student development in the Holy Cross tradition. The Success Coach provides customized, holistic, and proactive academic advising and case-management services to positively influence the student's experience, as well as student retention, persistence, graduation rates, and post-graduation opportunities. Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Coach and advise students throughout their undergraduate experience with their faculty advisor/mentor.
- Advise students individually and/or in groups regarding general education requirements, appropriate class selection, campus resources, academic policies, and procedures.
- Enhance relationships with students, staff, and faculty to support enrollment, persistence, and success. Support students by helping them achieve their goals and invest in themselves.
- Develop supportive, proactive relationships and serve as the main point of contact for each student.
- Meet individually with students in the cohort on a regular basis to develop individualized success plans.
- Challenge, support, and counsel them as they navigate college life at the institution.
- Monitor the success and progress of each student in the cohort and provide pertinent student services as needed.
- Assist in the planning, creation, expansion, implementation, and evaluation of the Academic Success Coach program.
- Coordinate and execute student programming related to student success for members of the cohort.
- Provide a trusting relationship where students can share their thoughts, aspirations, concerns, and interests. Provide students with the available resources to aid with their academic success
- Support enrollment, student development, and retention services while ensuring high-quality learning.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, a Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Two or more years in social services, education field, higher education to include; admissions, student affairs, advising, counseling, or related areas required. Experience in student mentoring, tutoring, supplemental instruction, freshman transition issues, and working with students with academic challenges. This is a 12-month exempt position and your expected work schedule is Monday through Friday. Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check is required.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Guardian Dental
Vision Guardian Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020123
Available: 07/01/21 Full Job Description
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com